As a cost-cutting exercise, with effect from 19 September 2016 HMRC has decided to stop sending out paper copies of the following letters and information:
- acknowledgment of receipt of a corporation tax return (CT620 ACK)
- letter showing the key corporation tax filing and payment dates (CT610/CT610A)
- Budget insert which shows the changes to corporation tax following the Budget and is usually issued with the notice to deliver a company tax return – this will be made available online instead
- authorising your agent form (64-8) which used to be issued with the “Information for new companies letter” (Form CT41G)
- filing reminder letters which used to be issued 28 days before the return due date
- notes issued with corporation tax return
- various other corporation tax forms such as the notice of amendment to a return.
Companies and agents are now expected to check the CT Online View Liabilities and Payments to see their return details.